Dakota West Credit Union Ag/Commercial Lending
1. The Loan Officer is responsible for collecting all necessary information in order to effectively underwrite and service loans and will work with the Credit Administration and Loan Processing/Servicing teams in a professional and timely manner.
2. The Loan Officer is responsible for providing sound financial guidance to borrowers while protecting the interests of Dakota West Credit Union and the borrower's financial condition.
3. The Loan Officer is responsible for every loan they originate and is responsible for the full loan cycle; including any follow up required and collection activities and will work with the appropriate staff on all repossessions and workout situations.
4. The Loan Officer is responsible for approving loans within their authority in accordance with Dakota West Credit Union's Loan Policy and according to State and Federal Regulations. The Loan Officer is responsible for presenting loans above their approval authority to the appropriate approval authority. The Loan Officer is responsible for being capable, ready and willing to make sound judgments and decisions in the best interest of Dakota West Credit Union.
5. The Loan Officer is responsible for informing the borrowers if loan applications are not approved.
6. The Loan Officer is responsible for preparing and submitting the Loan Processor Worksheet and other loan file documents to the Loan Processing Group for loan document preparation and filing in a timely manner.
7. The Loan Officer is responsible for growing their loan portfolio with quality loans and to grow non-interest income for the Credit Union, this may include spending a portion of their time outside the office seeking new loan opportunities and having the ability to work flexible hours including weekends to accommodate borrowers' schedules.
8. The Loan Officer is responsible for originating consumer loans and servicing a consumer loan portfolio.
9. The Loan Officer is responsible for cross-selling other loan products and other services of Dakota West Credit Union.
10. The Loan Officer is responsible for promoting the improvement of Dakota West Credit Union through quality member service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
Employees Supervised: None
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
1. Strong commitment to providing exceptional member service.
2. High School diploma or equivalency.
3. Previous computer experience.
4. 1-2 years previous financial institution/member service experience
5. Strong communication and organizational skills.
1. Extensive knowledge of lending operational procedure and policy.
2. Previous Financial Institution Operations knowledge and skills.
3. Previous exposure to Agricultural operations
4. Bachelor's Degree in a business or accounting related field.
Physical and Mental Demands
1. Constantly required to sit, hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
2. Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
3. Occasionally drive a car or work extended hours.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
1. Constantly works with others, around others and with members and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
2. Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and members while hearing teller machines, conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
3. Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Salary Grade: III